We all know that Spike Lee isn’t one to hold his tongue, so when people asked about his disdain for Tyler Perry, he quickly shut the whole thing down. Lee, who is promoting his Red Hook Summer release, was being interviewed by host Art Terrell, onAtlanta’s KISS 104.1 radio station, when the Perry questions came up. “No more Tyler Perry questions, please,” he said.
In the past the Brooklyn native has accused Perry of promoting “coonery” for dressing in drag as the character Madea. The move has earned Perry millions upon millions of dollars, but has not barred him from criticism from both his peers, and the Black community, for using his platform to reinforce stereotypes.
Also On 97.9 The Box:
The 12 Best Celebrity Eggplants So Far… (PHOTOS)
12 photos Launch gallery
1. Lawd! “America’s Next Top Model” Winner Keith Carlos’ Eggplant Looks…Amazing.
1 of 12
2. If Ca$h Out’s Rap Career Doesn’t Work Out, We Have Another Suggestion.
2 of 12
3. Kevin Hart May Be Short, But His ________ Ain’t.
3 of 12
4. Nick Jonas Done Grown Up, Huh?
4 of 12
5. Trey Schlongz.
5 of 12
6. More Body, More Bulge with Kevin Hart.
6 of 12
7. We Never Get Tired Of Breezy’s Man Parts.
7 of 12
8. Good GAWD B.o.B.!
8 of 12
9. Zammmmnnnn August!
9 of 12
10. Jesus Be A Fence. B.o.B. & His Eggplant Are On Fleek.
10 of 12
11. Gotta Love A Man In A Thong, Especially If His Name Is Jamie Foxx.
11 of 12
12. Looks Like Bieber’s Working With A Little Sumpin’ Sumpin’.
12 of 12