Warner Bros. Releases Statement On Colorado Shooting, Suspect’s Photo Revealed

Comments: 0  | Leave A Comment

Warner Bros. Pictures, the company behind The Dark Knight Rises, has released a statement about the shooting that occurred at the Century 16  Theater in Aurora, Colorado Friday (July 20).

As previously reported, 12 people were killed when gunman, James Holmes, opened fire during a midnight screening of the highly anticipated film. “Warner Bros. is deeply saddened to learn about this shocking incident. We extend our sincere sympathies to the families and loved ones of the victims at this tragic time,” the company said.

Following news of the tragic shooting, Warner Bros.  has canceled the film’s premiere in France, which was set to take place tonight.

Authorities unveiled the first photo of Holmes, who wore body armor, and used an assault rifle, a shotgun, and a Glock handgun, to carry out the attack. Witnesses said that he entered the theater through an emergency door, and began shooting people at random.

Holmes’ family has also released a statement saying that their “hearts go out to those who [were] involved in this tragedy and to the families and friends of those involved.”

The FBI has dispatched approximately 100 agents to assist in the investigation of the shooting.

Source

 

Join the Conversation! Share and Discuss!

Tags: »

Comments

Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 4,305 other followers