Fans urged to arrive early and be in stadium by 3:00 p.m.
The Houston Texans will host the first playoff game in franchise history, and the first in Houston since January 16, 1994, on Saturday when they play the Cincinnati Bengals at 3:30 p.m.
The Texans have a number of exciting things planned for their fans throughout the day. In order to help fans better prepare for Saturday, following are several key pieces of information regarding the game, including ticket information, the times when parking lot and stadium gates will open and pregame activities.
- The Texans strongly encourage all fans attending Saturday’s game to be in their seats by at least 3:00 p.m. CST to participate in the pregame activities and be ready for kickoff.
- Due to the large crowd and additional security, fans should allow themselves additional time to get into the stadium.
- Saturday’s game is sold out. The Texans advise any fans who are still looking for tickets on the re-sale market to utilize the NFL Ticket Exchange powered by Ticketmaster.
- Only tickets acquired from team-associated outlets, including the Reliant Stadium ticket office and Ticketmaster/Ticket Exchange, can be fully validated by the club and the NFL.
Parking Lot and Stadium Gate Information
- All non-premium parking lots will open four (4) hours prior to kickoff as with all other Texans home games. The lots will open at 11:30 a.m. CST Saturday.
- Because of the later than normal kickoff time, fans will not be allowed block the normal flow of traffic by lining up their vehicles along Kirby Dr., Main St. or other city streets before the gates open.
- All main stadium gates will open 90 minutes prior to kickoff as usual, meaning that they will open at 2:00 p.m. CST.
- At the recommendation of the National Football League, the Texans will implement additional security procedures at all gates on Saturday. Fans are strongly encouraged to allow an additional 15 minutes to get into the stadium.
Pregame and In-Game Entertainment
- The H-E-B Tailgater of the Game – Playoff Edition contest will take place in the Blue Lot outside Budweiser Plaza. The contest will feature six previous H-E-B Tailgater of the Year winners, including this year’s winning team, Battle Red Wagon. Judging will take place from 12:15-1:45 p.m., and the winner will be announced at 2:00 p.m.
- Exclusive playoff giveaways at every gate for all fans in attendance, including Reliant Power Towels and Kroger “Go Texans” signs.
- A card stunt which will spell out “GO TEXANS” across the entire East side lower level when the Texans take the field for introductions. All fans seated in Sections 121-132 will be involved and are encouraged to be in their seats by 3:00 p.m.
- Former Houston Oilers head coach Bum Phillips will serve as an honorary team captain and will help lead the team out of the tunnel for introductions. Award-winning actor Dennis Quaid, a Houston native, will join the team captains for the coin toss before kickoff.
- The National Anthem will be performed by Grammy Award-winning Gospel artist (and Houston native) Yolanda Adams.
- Texas native Clay Walker will perform both pregame and at halftime. Before the game, Walker will break out a special playoff-inspired rendition of “Football Time In Houston,” the unofficial Texans theme song. At halftime, he will perform a collection of his greatest hits.