Via Click2Houston.com/KPRC Local news:
Houston’s bomb squad exploded a package outside of Houston’s City Hall on Monday.
City Hall, at 901 Bagby St., was evacuated Monday after a suspicious package was found about 7:15 a.m.
Houston police said an object was wrapped in duct tape and had wires sticking out. It was inside a duffel bag, investigators said.
The bomb squad detonated the item shortly before 8:30 a.m., just as a KPRC Local 2 reporter was told to move back. An explosion was heard and debris was seen flying into the air.
Several dozen people were standing outside City Hall. Mayor Annise Parker had not yet arrived at City Hall when the package was found.
Officials said Bagby, Walker and McKinney streets in the area were closed to traffic.
Updated: The streets have now been opened up at Bagby and McKinney and workers are being allowed back into City Hall.
Also On 97.9 The Box:
The 12 Best Celebrity Eggplants So Far… (PHOTOS)
12 photos Launch gallery
1. Lawd! “America’s Next Top Model” Winner Keith Carlos’ Eggplant Looks…Amazing.
1 of 12
2. If Ca$h Out’s Rap Career Doesn’t Work Out, We Have Another Suggestion.
2 of 12
3. Kevin Hart May Be Short, But His ________ Ain’t.
3 of 12
4. Nick Jonas Done Grown Up, Huh?
4 of 12
5. Trey Schlongz.
5 of 12
6. More Body, More Bulge with Kevin Hart.
6 of 12
7. We Never Get Tired Of Breezy’s Man Parts.
7 of 12
8. Good GAWD B.o.B.!
8 of 12
9. Zammmmnnnn August!
9 of 12
10. Jesus Be A Fence. B.o.B. & His Eggplant Are On Fleek.
10 of 12
11. Gotta Love A Man In A Thong, Especially If His Name Is Jamie Foxx.
11 of 12
12. Looks Like Bieber’s Working With A Little Sumpin’ Sumpin’.
12 of 12